Road maintenance in underground mines is often one of the key challenges for mining companies due to the following reasons:
- roads without a leveling layer significantly slow down the vehicle's speed, which negatively affects the output volumes
- roads with a leveling layer quickly collapse under the influence of groundwater and heavy transport. Thus rutting is formed, road renovations are required, and frequent repair works lead to forced vehicle idle time
- capital roads made of concrete are labor-consuming and expensive, installation requires a lot of time stalling the development of mines
We will show you an innovative and time-tested solution: road construction with the appliance of three-dimensional geocell GEOCORD® successfully implemented in 2018.
• Site: underground mine
• Base: rock formation
• Drive angle: 8–9°
• Road width: 5.5 m
• Road length: 6 180 m
• Traffic intensity: high (11 equipment units per hour, including 2–4 50t trucks per hour)
• Watering: medium–high
• Water inflow: 140–250 m³ per hour
• Air temperature: 2–5°С
Bulk subgrade with the appliance of the reinforced geocell GEOCORD® filled with crushed stone with a fraction of 20–70 mm on the subgrade from crushed stone.
1. installation of the THREE-DIMENSIONAL GEOCELL GEOCORD® on the subgrade
2. Filling cells with crushed stone
3. Planning by autograder, compression by vibroroller
THE ROAD DONE WITH GEOCORD®
5 ADVANTAGES OF THE DESIGN CONSTRUCTION:
COST REDUCTION BY 50% AND MORE
You will get real savings on the construction and maintenance of the road.
SPEED UP INSTALLATION OF THE ROADS BY 10 TIMES
Three-dimensional geocells are easy and quick to install manually, they do not require special equipment and tools.
INCREASED SPEED OF VEHICLE PASS
Vehicles move faster – production volumes grow!
RELIABILITY AND LONGEVITY
The life сycle of the road constructed with appliance of GEOCORD is at least 10 years
WHAT IS GEOCORD®?
GEOCORD® is a honeycomb structure with high durability performance. It is produced by the method of welding polymer stripes in staggered order.
The difference from other geocells lies in the fact that polymeric stripes are reinforced with high strength synthetic cords, which creates additional strength margin and resistance to deformation of the cells under high loads.
Its cells can be filled with vegetable soil, sand, crushed stone, or other infill material, depending on the project's requirements.
1. CORD REINFORCEMENT (PATENTED)
The fibers provide the product with high strength and resistance to deformation of the cells' geometry under the influence of constant dynamic loads from the vehicle.
The road with GEOCORD® can sustain loads without deformation and will last much longer.
The technology of reinforcement with cords is our invention; it is protected by international patents and is recognized worldwide.
2. FAST-LOCK® SYSTEM
FAST-LOCK® is the fastest way to interconnect geocell sections.
Traditionally, the sections are interconnected by staples. From our experience, according to safety requirements in mines, it is not allowed to use pneumosteplers.
Therefore, we have adopted a unique speed-up installation system with the FAST-LOCK fastening key, which allows us to optimize the installation time by 50% with no need to use any additional tools.
All work is done manually with minimal effort. It is very convenient!
3. UNIQUE COLOUR
In low light conditions of mines, we recommend using bright colors.
The yellow color of GEOCORD® allows us to timely identify the part of the road to be protected with a layer of crushed stone over the geocell and prevent the destruction of cells by heavy transport.
We achieve this color with the use of special additives and high-quality raw materials.
To prove the effectiveness of the proposed solution, we are ready to provide you (free of charge) with:
- design and necessary calculations
- materials and accessories to be tested on the site
- training and instructions
We are chosen as a supplier of proven engineering solutions with many years of experience
Central office: 125367, Gabrichevskogo st., 5 building, Moscow, Russia
Manufactiring plant: Territory of the Special Economic Zone "Lipetsk", Russia, 399071
© 2018–2020. All rights reserved.